BOO-yah: Great Halloween Activities in the PNW

Aslan McCurdy, Staff Writer

This October is filled with fun activities for you and your friends participate in. In order to get the perfect Instagram post for this fall, look no further than Snohomish. Craven Farms, a pumpkin patch complete with cute baby farm animals and a corn maze is open throughout October, and admission is free. For anyone that likes to be terrified for an hour then the Kube 93 haunted house is perfect. It’s also open all October from 7-10 pm and admission is $21. Wild Waves also offers a haunted house during the weekends in October, called Fright Fest and it also costs around $21. Most (dry) rides are open so it’s a good mix of scared screaming and happy screaming. Think high school is too old (or cool) for trick or treating? Well think again and go to the Howl-O-Ween EMP festival for a night of trick or treating (open to all ages) and good free candy. Prepare to be locked in a room with 11 other people and a zombie (don’t worry it’s not real) for the Room Escape Adventures. The objective is to escape in an hour using whatever else is in the room for this fun Halloween adventure that requires a little more creative thinking than most. This experience seems terrifying but if children under the age of 10 are given admission then you should be fine. The Room Escape Adventures run through October and the schedule is located on their website. If you’re not feeling like going out here are some great movies for a fun night in: Halloweentown, Scream, Hocus Pocus, The Craft, Halloween (1978), The Addams Family (1991)- Also going to be the Prep musical this year!, and It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (don’t worry, this one isn’t scary).
To have a spooky, safe and super fun Halloween just grab some friends and a couple bucks and you’re set! However, if none of these seem appealing, the girls and boys cross country team have a meet October 31st at 9am at Lake Sammamish State Park which would also be a screaming good time.