Students Experience Dances at Other High Schools

Aslan McCurdy and Mariella Saludares

Most Prep students do not know much about other school dances besides their own, but some students have attended various high school dances, and they were willing to spill all the details. For example, Madi Todd ’17 attended Eastside Catholic’s Homecoming Dance, and was a bit disappointed  that there wasn’t any food available at the gathering. She also mentioned that the “music was really bad,” since there wasn’t a variety of songs, which was similar to what Claire Kiersky ’17 mentioned about the O’Dea/Holy Names Homecoming she attended this year. “They hired ‘Sol’ the rapper and he was good but there was hardly any dancing,” Kiersky noted.

Also at this year’s Eastside Catholic Homecoming, Todd mentioned that the power went out in the middle of the dance, and that “it was fun until we lost power.”

Much like many Prep students at Homecoming, both Kiersky and Todd went to their dances with a group of friends which was the most fun, in their opinion.

Aslan McCurdy ’17 attended King’s “Sweetheart” dance this year and said that it was “really fun because it wasn’t on campus.” Sweetheart took place at Inglewood Golf Club where, before the dance, there was a dinner provided by the staff. While Sweetheart was formal, Eastside Catholic’s Homecoming was themed and Todd and her date went as Mario and Luigi.

Not many students go to different high school dances outside of their own, but it is highly recommended by those who have. When branching out, you meet new people, experience new events, and have a great time while at it. If you do get the chance to go to another high school’s dance, take it.