Lil Nas X and Many More Artists Take Top Picks for Summer Songs

Jeffrey Go and Jack Coleman

Warm, bright, speakers, headphones relaxing days of summer have ended. The chilly, school filled days of fall are here. The panthers at Prep were jamming out to some hot tunes over the summer and wanted to know what songs people were listening to. In order to answer this question, the Journalism staff asked people on campus and created a poll on the Seattle Prep Instagram account.

Students had a lot to say about their summer tunes. The staff went around the campus asking people what song they liked to listen to over the summer and received many unique responses. These responses varied from songs such as “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” by John Denver, “Old Town Road,” by Lil Nas X, and “Weak,” by AJR. In general, the genres of rap, pop, and country were favored among students over the summer.

After the staff took a poll on campus, a poll was made on the Seattle Prep Instagram account, the only difference being what peoples’ favorite pop song everyone listened to over the summer. The Seattle Prep Panther Instagram account has over 370 posts on the account and has over one thousand followers, making it a great place to get our information. Some of the favorites students picked were the “Old Town Road Remix,” by Lil Nas X, Mason Ramsey, Young Thug, and Billy Ray Cyrus; “Circles,” by Post Malone; “Lover,” by Katy Perry; and “Sucker,” by the Jonas Brothers. All these songs are killer and give a warm summer vibe.

Students had a wide variety of music that they enjoyed listening to. From bass heavy rap to the most pop music, to new artists, to old artists that have been making music for years, students enjoyed them all. It will be exciting to see what everyone jams out to over the summer of 2020!