Girls’ Lacrosse Sticks it to the Metro League

Nathanial Post, Staff Writer

The girls’ lacrosse team exceeded everyone’s expectations this year. With an outstanding season record of 11 wins and just two losses, they quickly surged to a top spot in the league after a big win streak. The team was led by the triumvirate of senior captains Meghan Kearney ‘16, Kate Murphy ‘16,and Greta Tobin ‘16.
Along with these talented seniors, the team had a solid showing from underclassmen as well, most notably including a few freshmen who helped the team performs well as it did. The team was also very close and played as a unit, as they stuck together through it all both on and off the field. When asked about the team connection, captain Meghan Kearney ‘16 said, “This has been one of the most close-knit teams I’ve ever been on in my sports career. I’ve loved getting to know these girls and I will miss them so much next year.”
Unfortunately, the girls’ big run came to an unexpected end in the first round of playoffs with a heartbreaking loss to Mercer Island, and the season was over as quickly as it had begun. Yet, the team was proud of how far they came, especially after losing several key seniors last year.
Keep your eyes out, because this team is certain to do great things in the playoffs in the next few years.