Pulse Prepares for Christmas

Rosie Huddleston, Freelance Writer

Christmas is right around the corner, and many are already getting a jump on holiday songs and spending time with friends and family. With the upcoming Christmas assembly fast approaching, Seattle Prep’s Pulse team is hard at work preparing special songs and new dance pieces to put us all in the right mood.

According to one of the captains, Yzie Del Rosario ‘25, preparations for the assembly have taken some serious time to perfect. “All our performances take a lot of time and dedication so seeing the whole team come together and the growth of each dancer individually, makes the experience worth it.”

The chemistry of the Pulse team starts in the summer and builds from there, which helps the team bond. As Rosario fondly recalls the Pulse summer intensive, “It had been a few months since the whole team had been together, so it was refreshing to see old and new faces. The number of laughs and times we goofed off during that whole week made it fun even though we were all tired. Having a week of dance nonstop was exhausting but it was rewarding to see the process of our performance come together.”

Another captain, Winston Mazure ’25 shared that he values the community that has formed around Pulse and the collective memories they share. “My favorite thing about being on Pulse is the community, and my favorite Pulse memories are the times when we have a few hours after school or before a performance so we hang out and bond as a team.”

For Mazure, it’s about perfecting the dances, but also about the fun. “For a performance, it can take about a month to master a dance. Students should join Pulse because it’s fun. We are not looking for the best dancers or even people with lots of experience – we just want people who like to dance.”

Similar to Mazure, Kaitlyn Grusz ‘24 also expressed appreciation for her fellow Pulse members. She shared that valuable memories are made every practice and performance. “Especially when the team comes together right before a performance, and everyone prays together.” The closeness of the team and the hard work the dancers put in are evident in every performance! Grusz added that “It’s such a fun environment and everyone on Pulse are seriously the sweetest people ever!”

Seattle Prep assemblies wouldn’t be the same without the joy that Pulse brings to the school. There’s nothing like hearing the repeated chants of the student body when waiting for the dancers to perform. When asked for further details about the Christmas assembly, Rosario responded “the rest is a surprise!”. Can’t wait to feel the beat of Christmas with Pulse!