Meet a Freshman: Tegan Rain

Alex Gardner, Staff Writer

After touring Prep in both her 7th and 8th grade years at St. Anne’s middle school, Tegan Rain knew that it was the place for her. She loved the school’s campus, the sports and clubs it offered, the academics, the welcoming community of the students and teachers- “it had everything I was looking for in a high school.” 

Throughout her time here at Prep so far, Rain has really enjoyed the school’s spirit, especially at assemblies and dances, as well as “the good energy” she experiences in school every day. Rain is a member of two clubs: the Outdoors Club and Environmental Alliance, and she is a member of the Girls Cross Country team. She described Cross Country as one of her favorite things about Prep so far with its “amazing coaches and a super supportive team” that she is “beyond happy to be a part of.” 

In the team’s first 2 mile meet at the Sehome invite on September 11th, Rain placed first in the freshman race with a time of 12:34. In her first 5k race at a league meet on September 17th, she finished with an incredibly fast time of 18:55- Rain is just a young freshman with a foreseeably bright future.   

Rain has two siblings, a brother and a sister, who are both younger than her and are twins. Writing and reading are two of her favorite subjects in school, and she also loves Collegio now that she has been introduced to it at Prep.  

A fun fact about her is that she loves to travel and has been to many cool places, including the Philippines, Canada, and Hawaii. Her favorite food is sushi, she loves any color of blue, her special talent is that she can move just her ears, and she has recently watched the TV show “Outer Banks” which she enjoys a lot.   

When asked what she would spend her time doing if she only had one day left to live, Rain “would definitely go skydiving and visit an animal sanctuary.” She “loves animals and has always dreamed of going skydiving.” If she had to describe herself in just one word, she would describe herself as driven. She is “very hardworking, likes to put herself in difficult situations, and is very motivated to succeed.”