Mystery Quote

Mimi Parent, Staff Writer

Max Heid

What policies or traits do you like about Donald Trump?
To start off, I disagree with a lot of his social views. When I say I like Donald Trump a lot of people will say, “you hate women”. But I disagree with those things he has said about women, etc. I agree with his political views. I really like a lot of his ideas on tax reforms and some of his ideas on illegal emigration

Hilary Clinton Quote: (Max thinks Donald Trump said it) “We can deploy a half a billion more solar panels. We can have enough clean energy to power every home. We can build a new modern electric grid. That’s a lot of jobs; that’s a lot of new economic activity.”

What is your response to this quote?
I think clean energy is a tough issue because it helps a lot but we don’t really have the money for it right now because solar panels cost so much. I guess it could help us but I don’t know if this is the correct few years for it to start happening. I think we have bigger things to focus on.

Hilary Cliton actually said this. How does that change your views on Hilary Clinton?
I also agree with a lot of Hilary’s social reform. Who ever said, it I still believe that it is not the year to mainly focus on that and there are more prominent crises.

Isabella Ledesma

What policies or traits do you like about Hilary Clinton?
I like that Hilary Clinton doesn’t interrupt and say things like ‘wrong’. She’s more professional and buisness like. She is not rude or unprofessional in her speeches. She doesn’t yell as much. I also like her policies on abortion and women. She stands up for the rights of women.

Donald Trump Quote (Isabella Ledesama thinks Hilary Clinton said this): “Every child in America deserves a great education and an opportunity to achieve their dreams. We will enhance education options for students through school choice and charters, and respect homeschoolers in their quest for educational alternatives. We will also make it easier for families to afford college so students aren’t buried in debt.”

What is your response to this quote?
I think everyone has the right to choose education and if someone doesn’t want to go to school and go to homeschool that’s totally fine. I don’t think the government has the right to tell you you have to go to school. That’s not really respectful

Donald Trump actually said this. How does that change your views on Donald Trump?
I wouldn’t change what I said. However, coming from Donald Trump, I don’t think I would trust it.

Alex Blattner

I love his policies about immigration. The fact that he wants to have a closed border and enforce harder border control laws and ultimately reduced the amount of illegal immigrants in our country by building some sort of wall is something I love.

Hilary Clinton Quote: (Max thinks Donald Trump said it) “I believe the more we can do for the middle class, the more we can invest in you, your education, your skills, your future, the better we will be off and the better we’ll grow. That’s the kind of economy I want us to see again.”

What is your response to this quote?
This quote makes me like him more, for sure. I think that he really wants to get things done.

Hilary Clinton actually said this. How does that change your views on Hilary Clinton?
Oh, she did! Okay. I don’t hate Hilary Clinton at all. I think that’s a great idea. I just think it’s sort of unrealistic and require a lot of spending. But if she could get it done, then I would support her a lot more.