Class of 2020 Shares Embarrassing Stories, Political Views, and Anticipations for the School Year

Kate Leahy and Quinn Losse

With a new school year comes a new freshman class. The Panther staff checked in with the class of 2020.
Students come to Seattle Prep for many different reasons, whether because of academics and sports, or because their siblings have or had attended. Freshman Cate Lico said, “My brother went here and it seemed like a good school. I really liked the sense of community it had.”
Cole Dubicki said he came to Prep because “I thought it was better than O’Dea and it looked like a cool school.”
Coming into a new school isn’t easy, and many incoming students often have embarrassing moments during their first few days in high school. Milo Pepper and Eliza Nenke were lucky enough to not have any issues. However, Dubicki accidentally sat at one of the senior tables with his friends one lunch before getting kicked out, and Lico fell in front of her Collegio class on the second day.
During freshman year, there are many exciting events to look forward to. Many come in hopes of meeting new people or trying new things. Nenke said, “I am looking forward to the retreats because I’ve heard they are a lot of fun,” and Lico is looking forward to Olympic Week so she can participate in Jenga.
The presidential race of 2016 is by one of the biggest events of the year. Most freshmen agreed that the better candidate was Hillary, however Pepper said: “Honestly, neither. I don’t want an orange or a lying deceitful President.” Seattle Prep is excited to welcome the class 2020 and hope that they have a great high school experience.