Plaza Tree Pays Tribute to Bimal Sandhu ’14

The plaque next to the tree reads “In loving memory of our classmate and friend, class of 2014.”

Kate Delaney, Entertainment Editor

There is a new floral addition to the Prep campus, and this one is more special than usual. It is located on the plaza between Our Lady of Monserrat Chapel and the statue of Ignatius.
On December 19th a cherry blossom tree was dedicated to Bimal Sandhu ‘14 who passed away last year. Garrett Cook, Director of Alumni Relations and Events, explains that “This cherry blossom tree was planted in the everlasting memory of Bimal. The tree is a reminder of the strength, compassion, and grace that Bimal brought to our campus as a student.”
This event was part of the annual Young Alumni Events, and was originally planned by Mr Hickey and several alums who graduated with Bimal. It was attended by many of his fellow classmates, friends, and team members. Members of Bimal’s family also attended. Bimal was a part of the Seattle Prep football team, and his former teammates Clayton Comiskey and Jack Iseman ‘14 spoke at the dedication. Cook, who coached Sandhu on the Prep Football Team, also spoke.
The dedication ceremony was a special event for everyone who knew Bimal, those who attended and those who couldn’t make it. They will always be able to visit the tree and remember Bimal. This tree will stand on Prep’s campus and grow with the school. It represents the character and the continuing impact that Bimal Sandhu has had on Seattle Prep.