Blast into Homecoming

Emma Kelly, Writer

Homecoming this year was a huge success. The excitement started to build with the spirit week leading up to the weekend. All of the spirit days went with this year’s Homecoming theme: Seattle Prep, Outta this World. The enthusiastic Prep students and teachers dressed up to show their school pride. Starting with Monday, Space Race day, everyone wore their best red, white, and blue outfits. On Tuesday Prep brought out those Blanchet sweatshirts and clashing colors for Un Fashionable Outfit Day. The acronym of the name of that day spells out UFO, sticking with the Space theme. Testing day on Wednesday was Area 206 where students showed off their best hipster or Seattle sports teams outfits. Parallel Universe Day on Thursday entailed grabbing one or a few friends and dressing up in in matching outfits. These outfits ranged from animal footie pajamas to converse, leggings, and Prep t- shirts. The spirit days came to a close with Planet Blue Day on Friday when everyone decked out in blue and white and got pumped for the Homecoming Assembly.
The assembly included roll call, the fall sport senior dances, a stomp rocket competition, and, to the excitement of the student body, two performances by pulse. ASB also played an entertaining video of trying to find a Homecoming date and named the Homecoming week spirit royalty, a boy and girl from each grade who went all out with their outfits the whole week. Senior Chelsea Villanueva says “my favorite part of the assembly was watching the fall sports dances, they were hilarious and the swimming one was the best”.
That day ended with the Homecoming Football Game against Bainbridge High School. The Panthers pulled out an impressive win against the Spartans with a score of 28-7. Many alumni were present at this game to witness this exciting game. Half time at the game was filled with yet another performance by pulse as well as the dance by the senior girls to the song “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid. The last event of Homecoming week was the dance itself. The DJ played a solid mix of music to appeal to all different people.
All around Seattle Prep’s Homecoming was a success this year and was filled with activities to entertain all kinds of people.