Remembering Bimal Sandhu

Mikaela Frigillana, Online Editor

Bimal Sandhu

His friends describe him as a “giant teddy bear.” Being in his presence alone made one feel safe and cared for, and his passing left a void that will never be filled. Whether it is seen through people’s actions or words, he exemplified a life of love and selflessness.

The Seattle Prep community remembers alumni Bimaldeep Sandhu, Class of 2014, as a genuine person, a hardworking student, and a loving friend. Even as a star on the football, basketball, and track team, Sandhu remained humble and was never the type to boast about any of his accomplishments. He always took the needs and feelings of others into consideration and put them before his own. Trustworthy, dependable, and a good listener, Sandhu was like a big brother to everyone. He looked out for his peers and was always there when someone needed him. His laughter would fill the hallways and his smile could brighten up anyone’s day. Even if someone was already having a good day, he would try to make it better.

Sandhu was a freshman at the University of Washington and planned on majoring in business. Recently, he had attained his Real Estate license. Sandhu was someone who had his priorities in check. He was always busy with something, always working towards his own success. His ambitious, positive attitude was very inspirational and admired by all.

Bimal Sandhu passed away on February 8, 2015, but will be kept in everyone’s thoughts, prayers, and hearts forever. Prep showed loving support for Bimal and his family by attending his memorial service on February 14, 2015 at Marlatt Funeral Home in Kent.

In addition, Seattle Prep has decided to rename the Class of 2014 endowment, the Class of 2014 Bimaldeep Singh Sandhu Memorial Endowment.  Contributions to the endowment may be made at: http://www.seaprep.org/BimalSandhuEndowment