Skits Highlight of Olympic Week Opening Ceremonies

Olympic Week is one of the most exciting times of the year for Prep students. The school was buzzing with energy in anticipation for the Opening Ceremonies.
Each class, as well as the faculty and staff, put on a skit for the assembly. This year’s mix were authentic, original, and very crowd pleasing.

The frosh class started it off with a comical skit about the 2016 presidential election candidates. The freshmen skit did a great job having the whole school laughing along. With impersonations, fake accents,
and outgoing spirit, the freshmen hit the ball spot on in representing this coming election in a hilarious way.
The sophomore class showed their knowledge of their scripture classes very well in this year’s skit.. The class of 2018 used the bible for inspiration with a bit of a twist. Having “Moses” split the“green sea” while all the sophomores in the bleachers separated made for a simple, yet dramatic act. The old testament like costumes and background music made for a creative portrayal of the bible story.
The junior class took a hilarious angle by having a group of students dressed in safari attire walking around the gym as in the jungle. Approaching each class section, they made funny remarks addressing
the stereotypes of each grade level. Poking fun at the nervousness of freshmen, driving skills of sophomores,, and laziness of seniors.

The juniors scored a tie for 2nd place with the faculty and staff. The seniors didn’t disappoint
with their jeopardy themed skit. Having different seniors acting as a student from each grade and various teachers made for a fantastic skit. With the unforgettable underclassmen impersonations and Mr. Hendricks impression, this skit deserved the 1st place title. Having hilarious jeopardy categories like: Depressing Sophomore Year Books, or bald Prep teachers, the skit captured jeopardy perfectly with a memorable Seattle Prep spin.
Faculty and staff surprised the whole crowd with a singing debut from the sound of music. The teachers were dressed head to toe like nuns with their best singing voices forward, landing a tie for second
place. Changing the lyrics to Olympic Week related versus made added a creative personal touch.
No matter the results, each skit brought forth great talents. Everyone who participated put themselves out there and showed amazing class spirit and charisma.
This year’s opening ceremonies assembly was filled with a variety of themes, and story
lines.

Comments (0)

All The Seattle Prep Panther Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *