New Semester, New Me

Kellen Carr, Staff Writer

As the new semester rolls around Prep students are beginning to set new goals. They range from joining the math team, to getting more sleep, to doing homework the day it was assigned, and even to go outside more and travel more.

The range of activities that Prep students do stretches so far that getting more sleep was such a high priority that Ben Delacruz said, “I am setting a new sleep schedule and am taking 30 minute naps after school.”

There also seems to be a trend of prep students needing to start and finish their homework on the day it is assigned.

“I am going to start doing my A-day work on A-day’s and B-day work on B-days,” resolved Margo Frauenheim ‘21.

Although many students enjoy the great outdoors in the Pacific Northwest, some still struggle to find time to get outside and enjoy the beautiful nature that we have in our own backyard. Too much Snapchat and Instagram, perhaps. Or maybe too much Fortnite. Thankfully, there are Prep students who feel like they need to connect with nature more, even during these cold winter months.

“I just want to get outside more on the weekends.” Kellie Somerville ‘20 said.

As the new semester begins many Prepsters are turning it into a “new year, new me” type of thing from now until June, hoping to leave their past weaknesses in the first semester and turn them into strengths, or at least less of a weakness.

Will these goals happen? Who knows, New Year’s resolutions seem to work for about three days, but what about new semester ones? Are Prep students stronger than all those  quitters out there? Only time will tell.