Fall Offers Time for Fun, Family, and Friends

Maddie Deasy, Staff Writer

Fall in Seattle is one of the most fun times of the year. With the brisk fall air, crisp red apples, and beautiful orange trees what is not to love?

Fall in Seattle is also extra fun because of all the great activities for families and teens during autumn. From November 18 through 19 you can grab a bite from some of the best food trucks around at Trucktober Fest. Trucktober. The festival has great food, awesome music, and tons of fun. There will be 30 different food trucks

Another fun and unique Seattle fall activity is the Northwest Chocolate Festival from November 11- 12 at Bell Harbor Pier. For any chocolate lovers out there this a must – go- to event. The chocolates at the festival can be classic coco favorites like milk chocolate but there also chefs making new and innovative chocolates to try.

Ready to get a little sporty but while still enjoying delicious food? Then the Green Lake Gobble & Mashed Potato Munch Off at Green Lake Park on November 19 would be the perfect fall event to try. The run/ walk is the Sunday before Thanksgiving and there is a 5k and 10k run perfect for the whole family. After the races there is the Mashed Potato Munch Off. This hilarious eating contest will entertain anyone in the family.

Another huge part of the fall in Seattle is Thanksgiving. Tamia Stricklin 21’ said that during Thanksgiving “we always go to my grandparents’ house in Seattle and sometimes my grandparents from Arizona come and visit as well” and when it comes to food her family’s favorite is “yams but I really don’t like them.”

Freshman Cate McNett saidthat her family “always has her grandpa’s secret soup recipe before having the traditional Thanksgiving food.”

Haley Burgess-Alm ’20 and her family do not have what one may say is a traditional Thanksgiving: “We don’t do any traditional food instead we choose a theme each year like all food that starts with P or Indian food.”

Every family has traditions during the fall. From going to fun events around Seattle or having a silly thing that is done every Thanksgiving. The traditions are what make fall memorable and a wonderful time of the year.