Seniors Share Regretful Moments of High School Years

Quinn Losse, Staff Writer

Late-night note sheets, ripped jeans and broken promises to Mr. Hickey. The Senior class of 2017 have made mistakes over their past four years at Seattle Prep, and they hope the underclassmen won’t make these same mistakes.
Senior Jane Stanley wishes she had not procrastinated so much so she could have gotten more sleep. She recalls a time where she wished she’d used her time more wisely in her sophomore year: “I did 10 note sheets in one night for UN and got one hour of sleep.”
Katie Erickson ’17 is getting ready to head to Texas Christian University in the fall, and she was able to recall many times where she made mistakes in high school that she regrets. “One of the biggest mistakes I think I made was not taking a class with Mr. Meza. I wish I had taken one of his classes because I’ve heard from everyone that he is a great teacher.”
Senior Anisha Patton continues to regret one upsetting day that recently happened this year. Like many other students at Seattle Prep, she wore ripped jeans to school and was given JUG as a consequence. Being Patton’s very first JUG in four years, wished she hadn’t worn ripped jeans that day. “I told Mr. Hickey my sophomore year that I would never get JUG in my Prep career.”
Alondra Gonzalez ’17 wishes that she had tried out for Prep’s soccer team and made more of an effort to better study for her tests. She hopes that the underclassmen realize how important smart studying is, and that they “never underestimate what is thought of as an easy class.”
As school begins to come to a close, the mistakes students’ made have shaped their Seattle Prep experiences, and they will continue to hold onto them as they go off to their new homes