Spine-Chilling Must-See TV This Fall

Lilly Thompson, Staff Writer

Autumn has arrived, and the time to curl up on the couch with a piping hot Pumpkin Spice Latte and dig in to some superb fall television is finally upon us.
With Halloween close at hand, this year’s selection of hair-raising shows are sure to gear viewers up for the spooky season. Shows like “American Horror Story: Roanoke,” “Scream Queens,” “Stranger Things,” and “The Exorcist” have garnered a lot of excitement in recent months, and prove that the horror/supernatural genre is still going strong in 2016.
FOX, the go-to horror network, is back this season with fan-favorite anthologies “American Horror Story” and “Scream Queens.” Both beloved series continue to terrify viewers this season. “Scream Queens” is back with a bizarre premise, swapping last year’s college campus for a haunted hospital with yet another serial killer on the loose. Season two has drawn criticism for its disappointing attempt to recreate the hilarity of their premiere season. Viewers who were delighted by last year’s sorority blood-fest might be surprised by this year’s storyline.
Emmy-winning “American Horror Story” has returned for season six, which centers on a sinister farmhouse in Roanoke, North Carolina. Despite having just begun, fan theories are already rolling in about this year’s unnerving theme, and the return of Lady Gaga for her second season on the show has brought a lot of fans to the show.
As if two horror series weren’t enough this fall, FOX is delighting viewers with “The Excorcist,” a chilling series based on the classic supernatural-horror film of the same name.
Reminiscent of 80’s movies past, Netflix’s “Stranger Things,” a sci-fi thriller centered around the disappearance of a young boy in an age of questionable fashion choices thrills audiences with it’s phenomenal cast, gripping plot line and overall 80’s aesthetic. The hype around the series accumulated over the summer, and is a perfect show to binge-watch over this season.
Sophomore Margaux Chinna says, “The intrigue and mystery of the plot really drew me in.”
Whatever fall show one chooses to watch over these few months, they’re sure to terrify and get viewers into the Halloween spirit.