Girls Soccer in Top Form

Paul Winebrenner, Staff Writer

Scoring goals at a shocking pace, girls soccer has been absolutely killing it this year.
The team is on a 7 game win streak having out scored opponents by over 20 goals in those 7 games. It has been a team effort in the attack lead by forward Mars Conn who has 8 goals this season. Not to be left out, underclass man Mackenzie Floyd and Taylor Neilson have been making headlines in the news as well.
After having a good showing last year, Prep has rebounded and stocked up on talent, it’s a tough decision to decide who to play, everyone is in great form. Prep leads girls soccer in 3A standings and needed to beat Holy Names to secure their spot on top. Preps leading goals scorer Helena Reischling has been running opposition into the ground on her scoring streak. despite the opponents best efforts to stop her each week, Helena has scored 9 goals in just 15 games played.
This years team has only drawn one game with a score of 1-1 at Holy Names. Other than that one draw, the team has won all of its other games. On October 26th the girls took on Holy names and claimed sole possession of first place in the 3A division. It was a great game that finished 2-1, with underclass men taking the chances that lead to the win.
With the influx of young talent over the past four years, Prep is finally reaching its potential with so much young talent. With 9 underclass women on the roster, prep seems set for a run of several years. With Hendricks coaching, and the freshman playing in super form, the ladies hope that they can make a deep run in the playoffs this year. Last years crushing defeat to Edmonds Woodway seems to be behind them as they gear up for a run at the State Title.