All For One, And One For All

Seattle Prep Drama presents the Three Musketeers opening on November 5

Gabi Jeakle, Staff Writer

Adventure! Swords! French people! They’ll all come together November 5-8 in Seattle Prep’s production of The Three Musketeers based on novelist Alexander Dumas’ tale of adventure and intrigue.

The tale follows D’Artagnan who sets off for Paris in search of adventure with his sister Sabine. Their journey brings royal scandals, epic battles, and three dashing heroes. On the journey, our characters learn lessons of pride, integrity, and what it means to be honorable in all you do.

The Three Musketeers will feature the largest cast ever for a Seattle Prep fall production, with 27 featured actors, and more than 15 students helping behind the scenes. In addition to it’s record sized cast, this year’s fall play has a new costumer, new set design and construction company and new assistant director, Patrick Ostrander ’10. Ostrander returns to Prep after graduating from Gonzaga University with a degree in Theatre. He brings additional expertise since he himself was in Gonzaga’s production of The Three Musketeers.

This will be Mr. Othman’s 11th production at Prep. He has previously brought us The Taming of the Schrew, West Side Story, Pipin, and many more astounding shows. He was particularly excited for this years action-packed story. “This will be our most energetic fall play,” says Othman. “There’s always movement and excitement” Actors have work with Ken Michaels to create intense battle scenes. He’s been spotted on the front steps of McDonnell Hall choreographing chilling fight scenes with the musketeers armed with their swords. The show will surely captivate audiences young and old.

This swashbuckling show opens Thursday, November 5 and runs for 4 performances. Tickets will be available through Brownpaper Tickets and at the door.