Artist Spotlight

“As I was walking on my AP art field trip to Gasworks park, I came upon a small puddle formed by the rain fall of the previous evening. In this puddle I saw not only the wonderful structures around me, but the rays of sun striking through the cracks of the structure. I not only saw the physical structure, but also the underlying feelings of human society in a time of conflict and misunderstanding. And then…click, the moment was captured” Joe Ratliffe ’16 (@joeratliffephotography) AP Studio Art

At Prep there are many different art classes offered and many students’ art skills shine through in these classes. An artist’s work from each grade level was chosen to show off their talents and the artist each gave a brief explanation of their piece.

"As I was walking on my AP art field trip to Gasworks park, I came upon a small puddle formed by the rain fall of the previous evening. In this puddle I saw not only the wonderful structures around me, but the rays of sun striking through the cracks of the structure. I not only saw the physical structure, but also the underlying feelings of human society in a time of conflict and misunderstanding. And then...click, the moment was captured" Joe Ratliffe '16 (@joeratliffephotography) AP Studio Art
"I was given an assignment to take a picture of diagonals. When I looked up at the ceiling I was inspired by the lines created. I enjoy the simplicity of the photo." Noah Adamek '17 Digital Photography
“I was given an assignment to take a picture of diagonals. When I looked up at the ceiling I was inspired by the lines created. I enjoy the simplicity of the photo.” Noah Adamek ’17
Digital Photography
"My name starts with E and the assignment was to draw things that start with E. I chose each thing because I liked the way they looked together. The earth was especially fun to draw." Ellie Flanagan '18 Sophomore Drawing
“My name starts with E and the assignment was to draw things that start with E. I chose each thing because I liked the way they looked together. The earth was especially fun to draw.” Ellie Flanagan ’18 Sophomore Drawing
"I choose to use the protractors in the way i did because i liked the way they fit together. I enjoyed experimenting with different shapes and patterns created by the protractors." -Maria Phillip '19 Freshman Visual Arts
“I choose to use the protractors in the way i did because i liked the way they fit together. I enjoyed experimenting with different shapes and patterns created by the protractors.” -Maria Phillip ’19 Freshman Visual Arts